ITI full form is Industrial Training Institute. ITI provides training for engineering and non-engineering fields. ITI trains its students in various trades like Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Hardware, Carpentry, Plumbing, Fitting, Welding, etc. ITI institute’s motive is to give technical knowledge to 10th pass students. ITI is a diploma course, not a degree.
Directorate General of Employment & Training (DGET) Ministry of Skill Development And Entrepreneurship has the authority for all Industrial Training Institute. All over India, many private and government ITIs are available.
After completing their ITI course students will go for practical training in the industry for one or two years. ITI is a job-oriented course that is easily accessible to most students. The length of the ITI course will vary from 6 months to two years depending on which course you have chosen.
Types Of ITI Courses In India
ITI courses are divided into two categories:
ITI courses that are technical are known as engineering courses. In engineering courses, students will study maths, physics, and other technical things. The engineering course duration is 2 years.
In non-engineering courses, you will learn about things that are related to daily life and management. Non-engineering courses durations are 6 months to 1 year.
Eligibility Criteria For ITI
Eligibility criteria for ITI vary according to course. If you are a 10th pass from a recognized board with more than 35% then you are eligible for ITI engineering courses. For non-engineering courses, you should be the 8th pass. The minimum age should be 14 years and the maximum age should be 40 years. For the government ITIs, students must have to clear the entrance exam.
Admission Process For ITI
There are 2738 government ITIs and 12,304 private ITIs in India. The admission process for private ITIs is depend on the merit list of 10th. If you have good marks in 10th then you can get admission to private ITIs. Any students who have above 40% in their 10th can apply to ITI colleges. For government ITIs you have to pass an entrance exam. Different states conduct their different exams for their ITI colleges. Colleges are available according to the rank in the entrance examination.
Engineering and Non-Engineering Courses List in ITI
Here is the list of all the engineering and non-engineering courses available in ITI:
- Electrician-2 years
- Fitter– 2 years
- Mechanical– 2 years
- Surveyor– 2 years
- IT– 2 years
- Tool & Die Maker Engineering-3 years
- Draughtsman (Mechanical) Engineering-2 years
- Diesel Mechanic Engineering-1 year
- Pump Operator-1 year
- Motor Driving-cum-Mechanic Engineering-1 year
- Turner Engineering-2 year
- Draughtsman (Civil) Engineering-2 year
- Dress Making-1 year
- Manufacture Foot Wear-1 year
- Information Technology & E.S.M. Engineering-2 year
- Secretarial Practice-1 year
- Machinist Engineering-1 year
- Hair & Skin Care-1 year
- Refrigeration Engineering-2 year
- Fruit & Vegetable Processing-1 year
- Mech. Instrument Engineering-2 year
- Bleaching & Dyeing Calico Print-1 year
- Vessel Navigator
- Cabin or Room Attendant
- Computer-Aided Embroidery And Designing
- Corporate House Keeping
- Counselling Skills
- Creche Management
- Driver Cum Mechanic (Light Motor Vehicle)
- Data Entry Operator
- Domestic House Keeping
- Event Management Assistant
- Front Office Assistant
- Hospital Waste Management
- Institution House Keeping
- Insurance Agent
- Weaving Technician
- Library & Information Science
- Medical Transcription
- Network Technician
- Old Age Care Assistant
- Para Legal Assistant or Munshi
- Preparatory School Management (Assistant)
- Spa Therapy
- Tourist Guide
- Baker & Confectioner
- Web Designing and Computer Graphics
- Cane Willow and Bamboo Worker
- Catering and Hospitality Assistant
- Computer Operator and Programming Assistant
- Craftsman Food Production (General)
- Craftsman Food Production (Vegetarian)
- Cutting and Sewing
- Desktop Publishing Operator
- Digital Photographer
- Dress Making
- Surface Ornamentation Techniques (Embroidery)
- Fashion Design and Technology
- Finance Executive
- Fire Technology
- Floriculture and Landscaping
- Footwear Maker
List Of Top ITI Colleges
If you want to be placed in a good government ITI college then you have to qualify for the entrance exam. Here are some of the top ITI colleges:
- Government ITI Patiala
- Industrial Training Institute Delhi
- Malwa Industrial Training Centre
- Baba Kharak Singh Baba Darshan Singh ITI
- Sandipani Private ITI. Bilaspur
- Government industrial training Institute, Nagapattinam
- Buddha ITI, Gaya
- Srimati Techno Institute, Kolkata
- Raghukul private Training Institute, Jaipur
- Industrial Training Institute, Bhavnagar
- Government Industrial Training Institute, Jind
Course Fee Of ITI
Private ITI colleges fees range from 5 thousand rupees per year to 50 thousand rupees per year. The fees of government colleges are very less compared to private colleges. The fees of government colleges start from 2 thousand rupees per year and go up to 10 thousand rupees per year.
The seats in government ITI college is very less that’s why you have to qualify the entrance exam for it. Doing ITI from a government college is much better than doing it from a private college. First thing you have to pay fewer fees for the government ITI second thing is companies prefer the government pass out students more than comparing to private college pass out.
Top Entrance Exam For Government ITI
If you are searching for the top entrance exam for government ITI then this list would help you:
- Andhra Pradesh ITI Admissions
- Assam ITI Admissions
- Bihar ITI Admissions
- Chhattisgarh ITI Admissions
- Delhi ITI Admissions
- Gujrat ITI Admissions
- Haryana ITI Admissions
- Himachal ITI Admissions
- Jharkhand ITI Admissions
- Karnataka ITI Admissions
- Kerala ITI Admissions
- MP ITI Admissions
- Maharashtra ITI Admissions
- Manipur ITI Admissions
- Odisha ITI Admission
- Punjab ITI Admissions
- Rajasthan ITI Admissions
- UP ITI Admissions
Salary Expectation After ITI Course
In the private sector, a fresher with an ITI diploma can get 8 thousand per month. After getting a good experience you can expect a salary of approx 30 thousand. In the government sector, you can get a salary of 15 to 50 thousand per month.
What is the Full Form of ITI?
The full form of ITI is Industrial Training Institute.
Which are the top ITI colleges in India?
Some of the top ITI colleges are listed here:
1. Government ITI Patiala
2. Industrial Training Institute Delhi
3. Malwa Industrial Training Centre
4. Baba Kharak Singh Baba Darshan Singh ITI
5. Sandipani Private ITI. Bilaspur
6. Government ITI, Narshipatanam
7. Government industrial training Institute, Nagapattinam
8. Buddha ITI, Gaya.
Is ITI a degree or diploma?
ITI is a job-oriented diploma course. ITI is not a degree.
What are the eligibility criteria for ITI?
If you are a 10th pass from a recognized board with more than 35% then you are eligible for ITI engineering courses. For non-engineering courses, you should be the 8th pass.
What is the ITI course?
Industrial Training Institute is a Technical course which can be joined after completing 10 the class. ITI contain courses in the different streams that includes technical, electric, mechanical, and other manufacturing sectors,
What is ITI Fitter?
ITI Fitter is a 2-year ITI course affiliated with NCVT (National Council for Vocational Training.)
Conclusion: ITI Full Form
In this article, you will find the complete information about the ITI course. From eligibility criteria for ITI, the admission process for ITI to top ITI colleges. I have covered everything in this article. After completing the ITI diploma course you would have many job opportunities in a technical field.
Other Full Forms you must see:
- NFT Full Form: What is a Non-Fungible Token? Exchanges & Mining
- MSP Full Form and Meaning: What is MSP In Agriculture?
- Wap Full Form: 7 Full Forms of Wap With Meaning
- Full Form Of DHMCT Course: Eligibility, Institutes, Syllabus and More
- OBC Full Form: Bank Or Reservation? Complete Study – 2022
- Tet Full Form: Eligibility, Documents, Fees & Process – 2022
- VPA Full Form: Use In Banking And UPI For Sending & Requesting Money
- Full Form Of DP – Display Picture or Data Processing?
- Tbh Full Form & Meaning In Instagram And Social Media Chat Stories
- UPI Full Form, Features, Benefits and Registration
- Full Form Of BSCC: How To Apply for Bihar Student Credit Card?
- India Full Form: Facts, States, Languages & Festivals
- Full Form Of IPS: Eligibility, Skills, Exam Pattern & Salary – 2022
- Neft Full Form: NEFT vs RTGS Banking & Features 2022
- Full Form Of BHMS And MBBS: Eligibility, Institutes, Syllabus 2022
- BMMC: Full Form, Course Eligibility, Fee, Career & Salary 2022
- DHLS Full Form: Guide To DHLS Course With Eligibility, Process Opportunities and Salary
- Full Form Of PGDM – Eligibility, Institutes, Salary & Benefits in 2022
- Full Form Of ITI: Type, Eligibility & List of Colleges -2022
- Full-Form Of IAS With Salary, Eligibility, And Exam Pattern
- Full-Form Of CSAT in UPSC | Meaning & Details of CSAT
Articles related to education: