Do you know the full form of TET? It’s simple. TET full form is Teacher Eligibility Test, which is the common test conducted in Government-run schools to recruit teachers across India.
TET aims for:
- For the recruitment of quality teachers, TET wants to establish a national benchmark and standards.
- To improve the performance standard of Educational Institutions and Students.
- To maintain the teaching quality, the same needs to be communicated to the Central and State governments.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is responsible for maintaining TET on a whole that includes:
- Maintain the TET Database
- Manage the TET syllabus
- GUide the Government bodies to conduct the exam
The Eligibility Criteria for candidates appearing for TET Exams should follow as per the rules:
- Should have obtained a Bachelors Degree from any Recognised University or Institue.
- The minimum percentage obtained should be 45.
- The candidates should be minimum of 18 years of age
- Candidates should have obtained degrees such as
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)
- Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.ed)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
The documents required for TET exams are
- Recent Photograph
- ID Proof
- Age Certificate
- Qualifications Certificate
- Academic Records
- Experience Certificate
- Caste Certificate ( For Non-General Category)
|Category||Paper 1 or 2||Paper 1 and 2|
|General/ EWS/ OBC||INR 600||INR 1200|
|SC/ST||INR 400||INR 800|
|PWD||INR 100||INR 200|
TET consists of two papers
- PAPER 1: Candidates who plan to teach Grade I- V
- PAPER 2: Candidates who plan to teach Grade VI-VIII
- Child development and pedagogy
- Language I
- Language II
- Environmental Studies
Consists of 30 marks for each paper
- Child development and pedagogy
- Language I
- Language II
- Social Studies/ Social Science
Consisting of 30 marks for Child development and languages I and II. And 60 marks for Maths, Science, Social Science.
The format in which the questions are been asked are in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) each consisting of one mark with four options. This consist of no negative marking.
TET Examination Process
The process of TET Examinations is divided into several phases or stages. The process begins with the release of official notification and ends with the issue of a certificate.
- Release of official notification
- Filling of TET Application Form
- Issue of TET Admit Card
- Conduct of the TET Exam
- Declaration of The TET result
- Issue of TET Certificate
Candidates who do not want to miss out on any important events related to the TET Examinations should go through the process followed for the exams.
Downloading Admit Card For TET Examinations
The steps to download the Admit Card are :
- Step 1: Visit the official website
- Step 2: Click on Admit Card link
- Step 3: Enter your login details
- Step 4: Download the Admit Card
The Whole exam pattern of TET is described below:
- Exam Duration – 150 Minutes
- Total Questions – 150
- Question Type- Multiple Choice
- Pass Percentage – 60
Qualifying marks of TET exams for the General, SC/ST and OBC are as follows:
|Category||Qualifying %||TET Passing Marks||TET Total Marks|
TET 2021 is conducted under the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act 2009. Different TET Examinations are conducted at state and national levels in India every year.
|EXAM NAME||APPLICATION DATE||EXAM DATE|
|Central Teacher Eligibility Test ( CTET)||20-Sep-2021 to 19-Oct-2021||16-Dec-2021 to 13-Jan-2022|
|Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET)||07-Oct-2021 to 25-Oct-2021||28-Nov-2021|
|Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (HPTET)||23-Sep-2021 to 13-Oct-2021||13-Nov-2021, 14-Nov-2021, 21-Nov-2021, 28-Nov-2021|
|Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test ( MAHA TET)||3-Aug-2021 to 7-Sep-2021||30-Oct-2021|
|Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test (MTET)||9-Aug-2021 to 31-Aug-2021||9-Oct-2021|
|Madhya Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (MPTET)||6-Jan-2020 to 4-Feb-2020||05-Mar-2022|
|Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test (OTET)||20-Feb-2021 to 9-Mar-2021||9-Apr-2021|
|Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test (KAR TET)||1-July-2021 to 20-July-2021||22-August-2021|
|Rajasthan Teacher Eligibility Test (R TET)||21-June-2021 to 5-July-2021||26-Sep-2021|
|Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (K TET)||28-Apr-2021 to 23-May-2021||31-Aug-2021, 1-Sep-2021, 3-Sep-2021|
|West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WB TET)||2017||31-Jan-2021 (WB TET 2017)|
|Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (APTET)||To be announced||To be announced|
|Tripura Teacher Eligibility Test (T-TET)||10-Mar-2021 to 7-Apr-2021||26-Sep-2021, 3-Oct-2021|
|Telangana State Teacher Eligibility Test (TS TET)||To be announced||To be announced|
|Bihar State Teacher Eligibility Test (BS-TET)||To be announced||To be announced|
|Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test (BTET)||To be announced||To be announced|
|Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test (TN TET)||To be announced||To be announced|
|Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test (PS TET)||To be announced||To be announced|
|HaryanaTeacher Eligibility Test (H TET)||To be announced||To be announced|
|Uttarakhand Teacher Eligibility Test (U TET)||29-Jan-2021 to 18-Feb-2021||24-March-2021|
TET Exam Results
The Exam Conducting Body releases the result for TET Examinations. The results are to be checked by the candidates by visiting the official website of the examination.
The result is released in PDF file form and contains the details such as:
- Name of the Examination
- Name of the Paper
- Candidates Name
- Roll Number of Candidate
- Marks obtained in subjects
- Total marks or scores
- Qualifying Status
The validity period of the TET qualifying certificate was 7 years and the Government of India has extended the same for lifetime from 7 years in June 2021 with effect from 2011.
The several steps for the registration of TET Examinations are-
- Step 1: Visit the official website https://mahatet.in/
- Step 2: Then click the registration link
- Step 3: Enter your Personal Details
- Step 4: Fill and Submit the MAHA TET registration form
- Step 5: Login then to your registered account using your LOGIN ID and PASSWORD
- Step 6: Then fill the MAHA TET Application Form
- Step 7: You then need to upload the scanned images of the photo and signature
- Step 8: Pay the Application Fee
- Step 9: Submit and Save
Candidates who have opted for the TET exams and qualified for the same are ONLY eligible to be appointed as teachers in State Schools.
They are recruited for teaching posts like:
- Primary Teachers (PRTs): For grades I-V
- Trained Graduate Teachers (TGTs): For grades VI-X
- Post-Graduate Teachers (PGTs): For Grades XI-XII
FAQs About Teacher Eligibility Test
What is the age limit for TET?
Candidates who are between the ages of 18- 35 can opt for the examinations.
What is the difference between TET and CTET exams?
TET: Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted by State Government
CTET: Central Teacher Eligibility Test is a national level exam conducted by CBSE.
Summary: TET Full Form In English
To become a teacher of Grade I- VIII in India TET Exams is a necessity required to achieve. However, due to the COVID pandemic, there has been disruption between exams schedules, but candidates are required to keep updated by checking the website.
You may also like to read:
Other related categories:
- What is E RUPI? How ERupi Works As a Payment Service?
- What is Dark Web and Deep Web? Popular Sites & Difference
- Wap Full Form: 7 Full Forms of Wap With Meaning
- VPA Full Form: Use In Banking And UPI For Sending & Requesting Money
- UPI Full Form, Features, Benefits and Registration
- Top 11 Easiest Engineering Degrees In India For 2021
- Top 10 Best Universities In India – Current Rankings For 2021
- Tet Full Form: Eligibility, Documents, Fees & Process – 2021
- Tbh Full Form & Meaning In Instagram And Social Media Chat Stories
- OBC Full Form: Bank Or Reservation? Complete Study – 2021
- NFT Full Form: What is a Non-Fungible Token? Exchanges & Mining
- Neft Full Form: NEFT vs RTGS Banking & Features 2021
- MSP Full Form and Meaning: What is MSP In Agriculture?
- Indian Maritime University: IMU Campus
- Indian Maritime University: Courses