Are you looking for the correct full form of PGDM?
PGDM full form is Post Graduate Diploma In Management. In a few colleges, it is also known as PGDBM which means Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management.
As you have learned the full form of PGDM, it is now time to move ahead and learn more about this course.
PGDM is a full-time management course with a duration of 2 years. PGDM course has 4 semesters. The colleges offering PGDM courses in India are approved by AICTE.
MBA and PGDM are very similar courses the only difference is MBA is a degree and PGDM is a post-graduate diploma. Any student can do the PGDM course full-time or part-time. There are entrances exam like CAT, MAT, XAT, and others for the PGDM courses.
Marketing, Human resources, Finance, Accounting, Operations Management, and Information technology are some of the subjects in which you can do PGDM. There are many job opportunities are available for PGDM students. After doing PGDM you can become a marketing manager, advertising manager, sales manager, and account manager. The average annual salary of a PGDM person can be 8 lakh per annum.
Eligibility Criteria For PGDM
Eligibility criteria for PGDM change from college to college. Students must have a minimum of 45 percent in their bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. The minimum percentage can vary from college to college. In colleges like IIMs, at least 60 percent will be required for admission.
For PGDM courses there is no age limit. Many colleges like IIM take their PGDM candidate on the basis of entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT. PGDM courses fees range from 1 lakh to 20 lakh.
In the below list you will find some common subjects of PGDM which available in Indian institutes:
- Human resources
- Information Technology
- Operations management
- Supply Chain Management etc.
Top Institute For PGDM Course
In the below list you will find the top institute for the PGDM course:
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata
- Xavier’s Labour Relation Institute, Jamshedpur
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Management Development Institute, Gurugram
- Faculty of Management Studies, New Delhi
- International Management Institute, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- International Management Studies, Kolkata.
Skills Needed For PGDM
If you want to do PGDM then you should pursue some skills like good communication, leadership, planned thinking. These skills will help you to get a good job. Following are some skills you need for the PGDM course:
For every management professional good communication is very necessary for their field. After doing PGDM if you become a manager then you have to talk with many clients and with your team members, in this case, your communication skills should be very strong.
In a marketing job you have to motivate your team members so they can achieve their goals. So if you have leadership skills then it will become easy for you to motivate other people. Self-awareness, self-control, social awareness all are part of leadership skills.
If you are a planned thinker then you can easily manage your daily life task. Planned thinking skill is very helpful in management jobs. Planned thinking is a systematic or reasonable thought process that helps you to think about how to grow your company.
Top Companies Who Hire PGDM Students
Everyone has a dream to become an employee in a top company. Here we have listed some of the top company that hires PGDM students:
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited
- Wipro Technologies Ltd.
- HCL Technologies Ltd.
- EY (Ernst & Young)
- Infosys Limited
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
- IBM Corp.
Career After PGDM
A person with PGDM can easily find a job across India. A person with PGDM can work in education, finance, banking, and insurance. Following are the career option you can choose after PGDM:
A marketing manager is a person who handles the marketing of a company or makes the strategy of marketing for the company. A marketing manager handles the team of marketing. A marketing manager should be intelligent, energetic, and well-organized.
The account manager’s main work is to handle the customers of a company. The account manager monitors the budget, investments, and revenue earned by the company.
A sales manager is responsible for managing the sales staff. A sales manager must be a multitasking person who can also help salespeople to complete their monthly tasks.
The advertising manager’s main work is to advertise the company or promote the company. The advertising manager is involved in creating and managing promotional programs for the company.
Salary After PGDM
The salary of PGDM students varies according to their colleges and trades. Other factors like knowledge and ability also influenced the salary of PGDM students. Here I have listed PGDM students salaries according to their job profiles:
|Marketing Manager||Rs. 7,00,000 LPA|
|Advertising Manager||Rs. 5,00,000 LPA|
|Supply Chain Manager||Rs. 9,00,000 LPA|
|Sales Manager||Rs. 6,00,000 LPA|
|Account Manager||Rs. 4,00,000 LPA|
Benefits Of Post Graduate Diploma in Management
There are many benefits of doing a PGDM. Students who do PGDM get updated knowledge about marketing, in PGDM students get practical knowledge rather than just theoretical knowledge, after doing PGDM you can get a very good placement in private companies.
Below you will find some of the benefits of PGDM:
The syllabus of the PGDM course is completely updated. You will learn about the new technology and new trends of marketing in PGDM. PGDM is more beneficial than MBA.
Multiple Subject Choice
PGDM has many subjects like Accounting, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, and Operations Management. Students can choose the subject in which they have an interest.
Students get more practical knowledge in the PGDM course. Students get more projects in PGDM which helps them improve their communication skills.
Good colleges have already tied up with good companies to provide the best placement to their students. Students can also do an internship for work experience. This work experience later helps the students to get a good job.
FAQ About Full Form of PGDM
Can I do PGDM after the 12th?
No, for doing a PGDM course one must have completed its graduation first. PGDM course duration is 2 years only the students who completed their graduation are eligible for it.
What is PGDM eligibility?
To be eligible for a PGDM a student must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognized university.
What are the jobs after PGDM?
Marketing Manager, Account manager, Sales Manager, Advertising Manager, Strategic manager, and Finance manager are some of the jobs you will get after doing a PGDM course.
Does PGDM have an entrance exam?
CAT, MAT, GMAT, XAT are the entrance exam for which you have to qualify for in order to pursue PGDM.
What are courses you can get in PGDM?
PGDM provides Specializations in Marketing, HR, Finance, Business Analytics, Operations & Supply Chain Management, International Business, and Retail, and many others.
In which PGDM course you can get the highest salary?
Finance Manager gets up to 9 to 10 lacks per annum as an average salary.
Conclusion: PGDM Full Form
In this article, I have almost provided all the information about the PGDM course. In this article, I have described the Full Form of PGDM, Eligibility criteria for PGDM, PGDM subjects, Top institute for PGDM, and many other topics.
If you have already read this article then you would have got a good knowledge about PGDM course. If you like our article then plz share it with your friends who are thinking of pursuing the PGDM course.
Other important full forms you might be interested in:
- NFT Full Form: What is a Non-Fungible Token? Exchanges & Mining
- MSP Full Form and Meaning: What is MSP In Agriculture?
- Wap Full Form: 7 Full Forms of Wap With Meaning
- Full Form Of DHMCT Course: Eligibility, Institutes, Syllabus and More
- OBC Full Form: Bank Or Reservation? Complete Study – 2021
- Tet Full Form: Eligibility, Documents, Fees & Process – 2021
- VPA Full Form: Use In Banking And UPI For Sending & Requesting Money
- Full Form Of DP – Display Picture or Data Processing?
- Tbh Full Form & Meaning In Instagram And Social Media Chat Stories
- UPI Full Form, Features, Benefits and Registration
- Full Form Of BSCC: How To Apply for Bihar Student Credit Card?
- India Full Form: Facts, States, Languages & Festivals
- Full Form Of IPS: Eligibility, Skills, Exam Pattern & Salary – 2022
- Neft Full Form: NEFT vs RTGS Banking & Features 2022
- Full Form Of BHMS And MBBS: Eligibility, Institutes, Syllabus 2022
- BMMC: Full Form, Course Eligibility, Fee, Career & Salary 2022
- DHLS Full Form: Guide To DHLS Course With Eligibility, Process Opportunities and Salary
- Full Form Of PGDM – Eligibility, Institutes, Salary & Benefits in 2022
- Full Form Of ITI: Type, Eligibility & List of Colleges -2022
- Full-Form Of IAS With Salary, Eligibility, And Exam Pattern
- Full-Form Of CSAT in UPSC | Meaning & Details of CSAT