What is the full form of India? Do you want to know some important facts about India? This article is for you then.
India’s name is taken from the word Indus which is a river name. India is not an acronym it is a country so it does not have a full form. India has the second-largest population in the world. India as we all know is an Asian country.
There is no official full form of India but people have created their own full forms like:
|Independent Nation Democratic Intelligent Area
|The Independent Nation Declared in August.
|Independent Nation Democratic Intelligent Antique
India is the number 7 country in terms of geographical area. India has 8 union territories and 29 states. 70% of India’s population depends on agriculture. India is known as an agricultural country. India comes to the fifth number when it comes to the economy.
India is the biggest democratic country in the world. There are two major political parties in India first is BJP and the second is Congress. India is mainly famous for yoga, festivals, spirituality, and spices. Taj Mahal is one of the seven wonders of the world which is in India. India used to be the richest country before British rule. The country has so many cultures that you will not find anywhere else.
Unique Facts About India
India has a very different culture, languages and religions which we will not find anywhere else around the world. In the below list, you will find some of the unique facts about India:
- Yoga is come from India and is spread across the world.
- Indian culture is believed to be 5000 years old.
- India has the oldest religion Hindu.
- One of the seven wonders of the world Taj Mahal is in India.
- India has the second-largest population of 136.64 crores after china.
- India has crazy fans of Bollywood and cricket. Bollywood and cricket are very popular in India.
- Many famous mathematicians like Aryabhata and Ramanujan were born in India.
- India’s 65% population age is between 15-60 which is the largest in the world.
- India is also known for its spirituality.
- The geographical area of India is 3,287,263 square kilometres which are in 7th place in the world.
How Many States Are In India
India has 28 states. Following are the list of Indian States:
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
How Many Languages Do We Speak In India
India is famous in the world for its culture and languages. More than 650 languages are spoken in India but have 22 languages as official languages. Some of the popular Indian languages are described below:
Hindi is spoken by most of the people in India. 43.63% of Indians speak Hindi. In 1950 government declare Hindi as a national language. More than 50 crore people in India speak Hindi. Hindi is derived from the Sanskrit language. Hindi is an official language in 9 states and 3 Union Territories in India. There are other countries like Bangladesh and Uganda where you can find Hindi-speaking people.
Marathi is the third most spoken language in India. 6.8% of the total population speaks the Marathi language. The Marathi language is mostly spoken by the Marathi people. Marathi is the co-official language of the Maharashtra state. The Marathi language is written in the Devnagri script. There are 83 million speakers who speak the Marathi language.
Tamil is the language of Tamil Nadu state. Some neighboring country of India also speaks the Tamil language. Andaman, Pondicherry, Nicobar Islands, and Tamil Nadu are the states where Tamil is an official language. Tamil is 2000 years old language.
The Urdu language is spoken all around the world. Nearly 70 million people speak Urdu all around the world. In some states like Andhra Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh, it is an official language. Urdu was introduced in the 12 century.
Popular Festivals Of India
India has a variety of festivals. 23 to 24 official festivals are there in India. Diwali, Holi, Dussehra, Janmashtami, Ganesh Chaturthi, Eid, Raksha Bandhan, and Maha Shivratri are some of the popular festivals of India. Some festivals are described below:
Diwali is the festival of lights. The motive of the celebration of Diwali is the triumph of good over evil. In the celebration of Diwali people bring new clothes and sweets. and burst crackers.
In Holi festivals, people apply color to each other faces. People also throw the water at each other. The celebration of Holi also means the winter is ending and the summer is coming.
Janmashtami festival is the celebration of Lord Krishna’s birthday. The main festival takes place in Mathura where Shree Krishna was born. Janmashtami is a Hindu festival.
Mahashivratri is a Hindu festival that is celebrated in the respect of Shiva. There is a rumor that on Mahashivratri day the god Shiva performs his tandav in heaven.
The festival of Raksha Bandhan has been celebrated to show the love of brother and sister. In this festival sister ties, the thread in brother’s hand, and the brother takes the oath of protecting her.
This festival is celebrated by the Muslim religion in India.
For more info visit this page.
FAQ About India
How old is India?
The area now known as India is considered to be 250,000 years old.
What is the old name of India?
The original name of India is Bharat. The Bharat name comes from the Chakravarti Samrat Bharat the son of King Dushyant & Queen Shakuntala.
Who is the first God of Hindu?
Brahma is the creator god also known as the first God of Hindus.
How many states are there in India?
28 states and 8 Union Territories are there in India.
Conclusion: India Full Form And Information
India is a country where you find a variety of cultures, languages, and religions. The Hindu religion of India is the oldest religion in the world. It is believed that Indian culture is 5000 years old. Indian people speak more than 650 languages of which 22 are the official languages.
The people who like traveling should come to India for a unique experience. There is no country in the world that has so many languages and cultures.
We recommended you to read:
- GrammarlyGO Review, Tutorial, And Pricing
- How to Use Bing Image Creator to Generate AI Images
- QuillBot Review 2023: My Experience And Useful Tips
- 10 Best Rytr Alternatives 2023: Rytr.Me Competitors To Try Today
- 5 Ways – How To Find The Publisher Of A Website
- Grammarly Pricing & Plans: How Much Does Premium Cost?
- 15 Best Online Quiz Maker For Teachers (Test Makers Online) Free & Paid
- TikTok Users & Revenue 2023: Daily Monthly Active User Stats
- 10 Best Digital Board For Teachers: Smart Black/ White Board For Teaching
- 10 Best AI Detector 2023: Free & Paid Tools To Find AI Content
- 10 Best AI Essay Writers (Paper Writers) For Students & Everyone
- Youtube Student Discount On Premium In 2023: How To Get It For $6.99!
- Amazon Student Discount 2023: Prime @ 6 Months Free, 50% Off
- Audible Student Discount 2023: Here Are The Options & Trials
- Best Turnitin Alternatives That Dominates The Market
Other related categories: